Saturday, February 4, 2012

Artist as Quiltmaker XV Acceptance

Circus Time c. 2012  36" H x 31.5" W
Detail of Circus Time


I received an email with an acceptance for the Artist As Quiltmaker XV exhibit!  The exhibit was juried by Jean Druesedow, Director of the Kent State University Museum. The Firelands Association for the Visual Arts in Oberlin, Ohio will be the venue. The opening reception is May 13, which is also Mother's Day in the U.S. The closing date is July 29, 2012. It's a wonderful opportunity to have a work hang for almost three full months as part of this exhibit.

This work was started in Lisa Call's "Working In A Series" online workshop, and I am gratified that it started me on the road to this series. The work is coming along, and leading me in a new direction and I'm pleased with the results. I'm finding that it is more enjoyable to work in a series, because it helps me close doors to ALL the possibilities that my mind comes up with, and stay focused. 
Staying focused is a big challenge for me, as is procrastination. I think it may be part of an artist's personality!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jeanne...It's a very lively, interesting work. And, I can really identify with your "procrastination" remark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jeanne! This is a beautiful piece and very well executed. My eyes want to keep moving to take it all in. So glad you benefited by Lisa Call's class.

    ReplyDelete