Sunday, February 28, 2010
I've finished the composition for the last assignment in the Nancy Crow Sets and Variables workshop. I used commercial Kona cotton fabric, and would like to do the next one in hand dyes. The piece is pretty large, although that is hard to tell in the photo. The dark side is meant to be low value, and dark, but here is actually more definition in the real piece.
Now, the part I hate - basting the layers together. It's hard on my back, and I haven't figured out any shortcuts. It's 65" wide by 35" high. I plan to quilt it in a grid pattern, with a dark red thread. It went through many changes from the workshop, and I learned a lot from making it.