Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Finding design ideas





Traveling gives me so much inspiration because everything feels new. I'm using my camera as a sketchbook, and plan to use some of these photo's for inspiration when I get back to my studio.
The white Dahlia is a wonderful possibility for quilting a whole cloth quilt, or using the photo multiple times on a piece. The cabbage is gorgeous color. The shapes of the leaves, with all their different sizes and ruffled edges make it so voluptuous.

The shadows on the wooden bridge could be a design in black and white, or many colors - the lines and shapes are already an interesting place to start. Both the stone wall, and the rocks, are good possibilities for positive and negative shaped designs. They stand up as designs whichever way they are turned.
How does traveling inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment