Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Newgrange radio spot

The Irish radio station, RTE1 has a segment written by a tour guide at Newgrange that says just what I wish I could have said about Newgrange. The segment starts at about 48 minutes into it, and you can fast forward to that if you don't have time to listen to the whole thing. The writer, Vonna Groake, is a tour guide and really captures the magic and mystery of the place, and the people who built it.
Go to the site, and click on latest show. If you're reading this after Dec. 26th, you'll need to find the show from Dec. 20th. Here's the link: Newgrange by Vonna Groake.
With the solstice being just passed, it's a perfect way to celebrate that we are going into the light!

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    My name is Barbara and I love you blog. A friend of mine sent it to me and I can't wait to get a cup of tea, sit and read. The picture are so beatiful. I was very happy to find another Irish radio station to listen to.
    I and a physically challenged fiber artist and I make landscape quilts. My blog site is www.threadscapestudio.blogspot.com Merry Christmas and Best Regards to you and Yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wanted to let you know I will be a follower. Barbara

    ReplyDelete